Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Started my Sunday at 6:30 am by driving Evelyn to the Airport (to visit Hannah in Honolulu), stopped by at Kanaha Pond to do some photoshoot, finished off with coffee and doughnuts at Krispy Kreme nearby (yes!), and then to Hope Chapel later in the morning.
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Every Thursday, I lead a Bible Study group at Christ The King Catholic Church at 6 PM. We have a very small group, between 6 to 9 people that attend regularly. Sometimes I wonder why I do not have a larger group and one day someone asked me why she should read the bible and I did not have a ready answer. After a short pause I hastily just told her that the Bible is the word of God. But every Christian knows that and still do not read it.
Later as I reflected on that brief dialogue I involuntarily posed the same question to myself and it led me to look deeper inside why I do read the Bible (4 times over to date) and still read it and study it almost everyday. I came up with the following so far. (Did I miss anything? Please comment or email me. I plan to print this and use it to encourage people to read the Bible and/or attend a Bible Study group)
Why Read The Bible?
- 1.It's the word of God and authored by God through the minds and hearts of more than 40 diverse men in a span of 1600 years. It's historically correct and archaeologically proven even today.
- It's about God and his creation. It's a love story of Him and us, the greatest love story ever told.
- It's the best prayer book of all time. Reading the bible is one of the highest form of prayer because as we read it God is talking to us, instead of us talking to him or at Him.
- It's a book of wisdom and worship (Proverbs and Psalms)
- It has transforming power to convict, to inspire, and prepare you to feel God's presence.
- It's all about God’s holiness and his sovereign power over us, and his message to us about how to worship him and love him. The Bible chronicles His plan for us from the beginning to the end.
- It's our Travel Guide to Heaven and shows us how NOT to drive ourselves to Hell when we die. (God does not send people to Hell; people send themselves to Hell!)
- It's the best resource for our Christian faith and explains in detail how Christianity, in the person of Jesus, is uniquely different from other world religions (Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism) and religious cults.
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Saturday afternoon with the Maui Classic Car Club members. My devotion to my Classic Jag is nothing compared to how these guys baby their cars and the amount of money they spend to keep them looking awesome for "show and tell" car shows and monthly motorcades. In contrast I drive mine almost regularly on two conditions - sunny days only and there is ample parking where I am going. In other words, Shopping Malls are off limits (Click here to check out the latest photo-shoot of my toy)
Sunday, April 04, 2010
Thursday, April 01, 2010
While many were complaining about the strong and damaging gusty winds in Hawaii lately, I was out at Hookipa Beach Park enjoying my photoshoot of professional windsurfers having a blast